Thursday, May 17, 2012

a surfer lifestyle

I long for this. Eventually, I'd like to live with something as basic as these two:


I'd be living by the coast, only a bike to get me to places. When there's no surf, I'd be at home writing, reading, playing with my kid, building up my collection of photos and memories, cooking and/or baking, listening to and playing with music, running in the mornings, an occasional game of (beach) football, spending afternoons in my garden, under the trees, occasionally hanging out with friends. Work consists of writing or translation work all done from the home.

I've got the surfer's bug alright. Have I said that surfing is one of the most sublime things in the world? I've dreamt of it for so long and am only now taking baby steps towards making the dream a reality. And until now, there's nothing more I would wish than what I have just written above. Isn't it wonderful that the greatest joy in life is just that, doing something so sublime in the simplest of ways?

2 comments:

  1. Heaven! I wish that someday you manifest this wunnerful vision. Hope I get to taste the baked goodies too, yum <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course friend, i'll be hanging out with you and we'll talking about creation and life and all the wonderful things in life :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...