Wednesday, January 4, 2012

#4. Noodles and football

Gyoza ramyun and Mashitta's new year freebie

Was in Mashitta for the second consecutive day now for my dinner and tried out their gyoza ramyun, combining Japanese gyoza (originally a Chinese dumpling) with Korean ramyun (noodles). I'm currently making true of my fascination with noodles so that's why I tend to eat here. Plus, the noodles are quite filling that I wouldn't have to eat anything else for the whole night.  I was pretty successful with the chopsticks today too, so hurray for me. With the new year, the shop is giving out ballpens to its customers. So I currently have 2 tri-colored pens from this shop.

The more interesting part of my stay there was listening to Coach Anto's conversation with his Korean companion. Anto (Andrew Gonzales) coaches the UP Fighting Maroons football team besides handling some PE classes. He also plays for a team in the United Football League (UFL) and is the only Filipino coach certified by either the AFC or FIFA (read this in an article before and I don't remember it now) in his current rank. Plus, he was such a hard and talented worker in the midfield given his slight build that I was immediately impressed with his display during the Azkals-UFL All-stars exhibition game sometime last year. So he's sort of a celebrity for me. Since he and his companion were talking loudly enough for everyone in the 2nd floor to hear, I was contented listening to them. It's been awhile since I've heard talk about the beautiful game and its variation or offshoot, futsal. There were some name-dropping and I recognized members of the Maroons, and he also talked about the benefits of playing futsal, the Manchester derby rivalry, and the Korean's relationship status harhar.

Project 365 is still on. I am just having difficulty finding time in front of a PC with a cable connected to my  camera or phone due to school and other commitments so I post my entries late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...