Friday, April 19, 2013

a wandering mind

How does one hatch an idea?

Sure, you could think about the topic and go through your points systematically, as if you were working with an outline. And then there are the moments when you've ceased to think, but the moment you commence thinking, your brain goes on an entirely new track you didn't consciously steer it to. In fact, there was no preamble for the current direction your thoughts are taking. Then finally, you've exhausted everything in that scenario and stop thinking about it altogether and then continue with what you were doing, say the laundry. And then after a little while, out of nowhere comes another line of reasoning, another set of possibilities completely unrelated to the ones you've thought before. And you can't help but wonder where are all these thoughts coming from.

I've gone through so many I'm just surprised at how I came up with each and everyone. But no matter how many scenarios I come up with, I still won't know unless I hear it straight from the horse's mouth.

There's this one thing I read about one's thoughts wandering. I don't remember the beginning. The second part just says something to the effect that it's where your thoughts go the moment your mind starts wondering. Hmm...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...